Friday, January 30

Changed- Another Lesson Learnt

No more will life be the same,  
The life I've become accustomed to.
No more would it be as sweet,
As sweet as the berries of Spring.
No more would this beginning continue-
For the end I have seen.

No longer am I near
But far I now am.
No longer sweetness I taste
But the bitterness that burns.
No longer will I be the same-
yet to know I have now learnt.

The longer I carry a smile,
An Easier detection of a lie.
The longer I linger,
It pierces me deeper down inside.
The longer I wait for thee to see, 
I shall perish in my own despair.
What shall I do now- that you no longer can see?

In sleepless nights I fear
The memory of you shall linger.
Masquerading throughout the day
will only pain me further.
Though the warmth, 
I shall feel the cold.
Though the joke, 
I shall hear no laughter.

A lesson I perhaps have learnt,
Another for my Book of Life.
For I have changed-
not knowing for the better.
For I have changed- 
knowing the winds have.

No comments: